The services provided by MillRace IT expand your organisations WEEE directive, environmental and Corpororate Social Responsibility credentials by taking redundant or obsolete equipment and recycling them with 0% going to landfill, in compliance with all UK and EU legislation.
Computer recycling is for equipment with no further use or that which is damaged beyond repair. UK and EU environmental legislation surrounding the IT recycling and disposal is very strict. Our disposal processes ensure complete compliance for your organisation.
Computer re-use is for items that may be refurbished or repaired and can be given back to the community through our network of links with the community program, or through our parent charity InterAct, where it can do the most good.
MillRace IT enables organisations to dispose of computers and other information technology (IT) products such as monitors, servers, printers and telecommunication equipment in a legal, safe, environmental and socially responsible manner.
We do this firstly by ensuring that all data is securely destroyed. Where possible we then refurbish items that can be re-used and recycle components of those that cannot be re-used with the result that nothing is sent to landfill.
Our service meets all UK and EU WEEE regulations and includes:
- Collection from your premises by our trained staff
- Quality-assured tracking procedure, from the point of collection throughout the recycling process
- All data securely removed using specialist software with certificates provided
- Items that cannot be data wiped are shredded or smelted down
- All items are recycled or reused in the community where possible
- Zero landfill – no pollution of our rivers, earth or air
- No exports for third-world recycling
The majority of our collections of a high volume or newer equipment are free of charge. Please call 01376 518508 for more information.
For organisations with lesser quantities or equipment over 3 years old a quotation based on your requirements will be provided before commitment.
Unfortunately we are no longer able to accept donations from individuals wishing to recycle domestic computer equipment. these can be taken to your local civic amenity site.